(x)clusive!: Hyun Bin shares about his Military Stint, his Career Choice and his Overall Appeal


In Singapore three weeks ago as part of his first Asia Fan Meet Tour, Hyun Bin met fans at an open press conference in Bugis+ shopping mall. This is not the actor’s first time in Singapore as he previously filmed part of the Korean drama ‘The World They Live In’ here.

Life In Military – Like any other solider

Having been released from military duty just last year, questions about his military service were aplenty. When asked if he has ever been approached by other soldiers for autographs and photos, he maintained that his superiors were given strict orders to treat him like any other soldier and he is very thankful for that. However, as a consequence of his military stint, he has received feedback from photographers that his eyes are too intense and he looks too fierce during photoshoots. His body has been conditioned to be in that state for the past two years and he hopes his body will adjust itself soon.

Why do people love Hyunbin?

Ask him about his appeal and his cheeky reply is, “I don’t know… What do you all like about me?” Ask him to act cute and he gives a pained expression as he explains how he has received requests to show a different side of him for fans and has tried to learn things like ‘Gwiyomi Player’  but he does not think it suits him. However, he still acceded to the host’s request to do a victory pose, exciting the fans.


About Secret Garden and Love

Many of the questions asked during the press conference were related to his role as Kim Joo Won in Secret Garden, where he plays a rich heir with selective amnesia. Comparing himself to his character in the drama, he said that they are similar in that both of them care a lot about their loved ones but he said that he is not as insensitive and selfish as his character in the drama.

On the topic of love, Hyun Bin does not believe in grand romantic gestures and has never done a huge event for anyone before. Instead, he takes note of the things that his loved one is interested in and will gift that to the person during special occasions.

Hyun Bin the Policeman? – Career choices, challenges and perfectionism

Acting was not Hyun Bin’s first career choice. His initial plan was to go to the Police Academy and become a policeman. However, he participated in a theatrical play in high school which was how his interest began and he decided to further his studies in order to become an actor.

His most challenging role to date was his role in the movie ‘I’m Happy’ where he found a lot of difficulties understanding his character and hence spent a lot of time just trying to comprehend his character in order to portray him accurately. For his next role, he hopes to portray a character with a dual-personality. He also hopes to act with someone he has not previously worked with. As for doing production work such as directing, Hyun Bin has no plans yet to explore that career path because he is currently an actor and he wants to focus himself wholeheartedly on his job.

Known to be a perfectionist, Hyun Bin rates himself only a 30% and said he is working hard on the other 70%. Catch Hyun Bin in his next film, ‘The King’s Wrath’ which begins filming this August.

hbpc2 hbpc3 hbpc4 hbpc5

Much thanks to FaithND Entertainment for extending the event invite to (x)clusive.

6 thoughts on “(x)clusive!: Hyun Bin shares about his Military Stint, his Career Choice and his Overall Appeal

  • September 30, 2014 at 9:41 AM

    Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    twitter group? There’s a lot of people that I think
    would really enjoy your content. Please let me know.


  • October 1, 2014 at 11:29 AM

    Saber en qué consiste el trabajo de las agencias de posicionamiento en buscadores,
    cuando tiempo se retarda el proceso para comenzar a observar los deselances y el costo de los diferentes planes de posicionamiento en buscadores es muy necesario para seleccionar una agencia que
    cubra todas las esperanzas del cliente. ES SEO agencia posicionamiento
    web de marketing on line que ofrece todo lo necesario para tener una presencia on line exitosa.

  • October 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM

    Anti Stress!! !! Masajista en alicante¡¡¡¡ Descuentos
    en masajes. tres horas. El masaje deportivo.

  • October 8, 2014 at 12:42 PM

    You actually make it seem really easy together with your
    presentation however I find this matter to be actually one thing that I
    feel I’d never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely extensive for me.
    I am taking a look forward on your next submit, I
    will attempt to get the hold of it!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *