It’s the time of year where the Spring holidays are nearing once again! For those of you intending to travel to Korea this Spring and have not book your air tickets yet, here’s a little treat for you!
Price Breaker.com is offering Pre-NATAS promotion for air tickets to Seoul by the following airlines: China Eastern, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways International.
The tickets offers are sold in a 2-to-go basis, so go grab a buddy and start planning for your Spring Korea trip soon! Please do take note of the different end travel period dates offered by the different airlines. While booking my air tickets, I was told by the travel agent that there are limits to the amount of promotional tickets, so you have to act fast! Click here for Price Breaker Seoul Promotions page.
What to expect in Korea this Spring?
– For all you VIPs out there, Big Bang will be actively promoting their new album in Korea this March. If you are in Seoul, be sure to head on down to the music programs recording studios (M Countdown, Music Core, Inkigayo) to catch a glimpse of the guys from Big Bang. However, if you intend to queue with the Korean VIPs, please do head down to the recording studios early to reserve your spot.
– For all you BOICEs out there, CN Blue will also be actively promoting their new album this March. CN Blue will be releasing their music video through their official website on 28 Feb 2011, do check that out.
– SM Entertainment announced on 27th Jan 2011, that they will debut a new male idol group in March or April 2011. The new male idol group is currently working under the code name “M1”.
(( NOTE: If you intend to go down to the recording studios like M Countdown, Music Bank, Music Core, and Inkigayo, be sure to bring along the artists’ latest album. ))
– Cherry Blossoms in Seoul. As told by the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) in Singapore, cherry blooms usually blossom at around the last week of March or the 1st week of April. However, this year cherry blossoms blooming schedule is not out yet.
– 2011 Dream Concert. The Korean Entertainment Association (the annual organizers of the event) has stated that the 2011 Dream Concert will be held in Korea sometime in May, however, no further details were given.
What to do in Korea?
Here’s a list of places to visit during your stay in Korea. Hope it gives you some inspiration in planning your Spring Korea itinerary.
Watch: JUMP non-verbal performance
You can also try your luck to do some celebrity spotting in Seoul . Please read “Star Struck Korea – It’s all about the celebrities”.
KTO at the NATAS Travel (25 – 27 Feb 2011)
Alternatively, if you want to find out about the other events or activities to do in Korea, you can head on down to KTO located at Church Street or head on down to the NATAS Travel fair which will be happening next week from 25 Feb – 27 Feb at the Singapore Expo.
KTO’s booth is located at 4H62.
Representatives from the following provinces, cities and companies will be there to promote their attractions and to answer any enquiries that you have: Korea Tourism Organization, Jeju Island, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province, Daegu City, JUMP non-verbal performance, Asiana Airlines, Korean Air, Everland, Sangsoo Herbland and Lotte World.
Other activities organized by KTO at the NATAS travel fair are, Bibimbap demonstration and tasting happening from 12 – 1pm, photo taking zone and JUMP non-verbal performance which will be happening at 2pm and 6pm at the main stage.
Here’s a special bouns for you if you intend to a book a tour to Korea during the NATAS Travel fair.
After you have a book a tour to Korea with any travel agents at the NATAS Travel fair, head on down to KTO’s booth and redeem a Korean Drama DVD.
After you have redeem your Korean Drama DVD, if the travel itinerary to Korea includes a visit to Daegu, you will be entitled to an exclusive souvenir from KTO.
To top it off, after redeeming the souvenirs, all eligible visitors are entitled to a Grand Lucky Draw where you will stand a chance to win either 1 return economy air ticket on Asiana Airlines or Korean Air to Korea! Winners will be announced by 11 March 2011 and will be notified by email.